To teach the family how important and fun it is to work together as a team and how much can be accomplished when we cooperate with each other.
Have the kids suggest the songs. Have them teach you the songs they sing in Kids Kingdom.
Have a family prayer, thanking God for each member.
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2)
- Help each family member learn the memory verse, Gal.6:2.
- Have each family member write on a slip of paper a small task that they would like to have done. Put the papers in a container and shake them up. Example: Dad may request that his shoes be polished, or one of the kids may request that a broken toy be fixed, or one might ask for help to clean his/her room…..be sure each person writes out or says (if they can’t write) a task they’d like completed.
- One by one draw out the slips and as a family, proceed to complete as many of he tasks as possible, one at a time. Each family member should be encouraged to participate in each task in some way.
- Be very upbeat and excited as you accomplish each task. Make it fun!
- After completing all the tasks possible, reward each worker by having hot chocolate with marshmallows together. The family head should pray, thanking God for teaching the family how important and fun it is to cooperate with each other.