TOPIC: FOLLOW THE LEADER
To teach everyone in the family the important principle of discipleship and to remind parents that your children are watching and imitating you, for the good, or otherwise.
Do it. Have fun. Get a tape of songs if you need help.
Have a family prayer. Praise God for His greatness and thank Him together for all his blessings on your family.
Teach/discuss and memorize Mark 1:17
Talk about how Jesus wants everyone to follow him by doing the same things He did when He was on the earth.
Play the game, “Follow the Leader”, as a fun way to help illustrate what it means to be a disciple, focusing on and imitating a leader. The head of the household should be the leader. He/she should think of both serious and crazy things to do as he leads the family around the house.
Some suggestions: (the point is, that everyone follows your lead and repeats what you do)
- walk around in a line, stop and read the Bible
- walk around and stop and give someone a hug
- walk around and stop and say, “I love you” to someone in line
- walk around and stop and then thank mom for dinner just enjoyed
- walk around, stop, stand on your head (there’s no biblical evidence Jesus ever did this)
- walk around, stop, lead a short prayer that can be followed in short phrases by the kids
- walk around, stop, role play sharing your faith
- walk around, stop, simulate helping someone do something ….. have others guess what the role player is doing
Don’t be limited by these suggestions. Expand on them. Add your own ideas and thoughts to make the devo a fun time for everyone. Discuss some key elements of being a disciple….of Jesus.
ALWAYS END WITH A PRAYER AND DELICIOUS YUMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!