Dear beloved family and friends,
Only God knows where we would be without you. Thank you for the difference you have made in our lives, (for most of you, over many good years). Blessed Christmas on this blessed eve.
Some 2009 Green Family Highlights:
- Finished her first semester of study at Gonzaga University. Hard to believe she has left us as Empty Nesters!
- Wants to pursue studies and skills in computer graphics, art, and gaming
- Is a Crafter par-excellence (ISTP). Just send her the parts and she’ll build you a jet.
- Still loves chocolate as much as her Dad (thank God)
- Almost done with his junior year at Washington University-St. Louis. Majoring in Political Science and Chinese
- Gave up college football this year, but the legacy of “31” lives on…
- Continues to produce rap & hip hop tracks–his stuff is terrific
- Makes a buck or two at college ref’ing intramural basketball games–money for being an authority!
- Continues her strategic leadership of Womens’ Ministries for the Seattle church.
- As a three-year cancer survivor, continues to servea and advocate locally, particularly with her therapy dogs at Children’s Hospital
- Serves as a board member of the international charity HOPE worldwide
- Loves working with border collies in sheepherding
- Has started a distance Masters program in Communication and Leadership
- Continues to serve as Senior Minister of the Seattle church of Christ, focusing on strategic building and staff development
- Is nearly finished with his Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy (June!), with an emphasis in Narrative work
- Won an academic award for his paper “For Healing’s Sake: Letters to Christian and Narrative Therapy”
- LOVES swing dancing with his wife; we will take our second class this winter
- Harbors a secret desire to make wine someday
Travel: We were blessed with trips this year to Hong Kong, to Geneva for the EBS, and to Berlin. We are heading to Whistler on the 26th for a snowy family vacation. Scott and Lynne are now working with Valdur & Irene Koha, and Chrisitian and Sabine Herbst in a coaching relationship with the Berlin church of Christ–so more travel is heading our way in 2010. Hope to see you all along the way!
The photo’s a bit old, but remembers New Birth…