The Eastside women’s midweek classes came to a close for 2012 this past Wednesday. During the Fall we have been talking about Fellowship and we’ve had some great lessons taught by different women. I am so grateful for the convictions and the creativity of the women on the Eastside, it really made this class special.
The final class was taught by Kelly Flores, who gave us a summary of the things we’ve learned. She reminded us of our fellowship realities; some of the things some people have noticed about the fellowship. These are things we need to work on. She also listed the things that she (and Charice) had heard that we wanted in our fellowship. It was such an inspiring list that I wanted to share it with you!
Vision: What we would like to see…
- Everyone is involved in meeting the needs…to the extent that they are able
- People feel loved and welcomed
- People feel safe in being who they really are
- People feel respected for their thoughts and opinions
- People feel safe in getting guidance and support in relationships and parenting
- People feel like we are in the battle together
- When we hurt each other (which is inevitable), we are able to forgive
- We are able to be vulnerable so there can be healing
- We have each other’s back in difficult times
- We give to and encourage others, and in doing so, we help our own hearts
- We are able to genuinely feel and communicate our need for each other
- We are able to allow the hurts and time together to bond us on this journey
- We all recognize that we have something to give to the church
- We are ALL an important part of the growth and health of the church
We then went on to talk about how our own personal experiences & upbringing limit our abilities in the fellowship and also skew our vision. We talked about how God can help us over come these things and some practicals on how we can help each other. We ended with a great exercise where we all linked arms and together took a large step forward towards our goal of building an incredible fellowship.